Writing since she was 10, Sharisa T. Robertson had over 100 episodes of her own TV show series written all on paper making her room a fire hazard. After constantly hearing about the starving artist, she made up her mind that it would be impossible to pursue a career in writing and gave up on wanting to become a writer.
Fast forward over 20 years later, Sharisa made her debut as an author in the book collaboration, Cheers to Your Success: Women on the Rise and Owning their Destiny (2012) compiled by Carol Sankar, who heard her story about having a strained relationship with her mother and invited her to write about it. Shortly after, seeing the power of her story combined with the power of writing and how it changed her life, she was inspired to not only start her own book collaboration but also her publishing company Lilies of the Field Media, LLC. Currently, Sharisa has authored 3 books and has worked with 30 women and 7 girls to create 3 book collaborations:
- A Letter To My Mother: A Daughter’s Perspective (2013) (Amazon's Best Seller-Kindle and Paperback)
- A Letter To My Bully: Sticks, Stones, and Words Do Hurt (2014)
- A Letter To My Abuser: Once a Victim, Forever Victorious (2017) (Amazon Best Seller and on 2 Hot New Release Lists - Kindle)
- A Daughter’s Struggle, A Daughter’s Success: How to Honor Yourself While in a Strained Relationship with Your Mother (2015)(Amazon Best seller and Hot New Release List both for Kindle)
- Hard Truths, Healing Truths: 120 Perspectives to Make Shift Happen in Your Life (2016)
- The Realest Shift Ever Felt: Changing the Way You Feel About Your Feelings (Summer 2017)
Through her books, Sharisa is able to create healing spaces through writing and literature for her readers and authors. She believes in turning pain into purpose and makes it her mission to provide a platform that brings awareness to taboo and touchy topics while honoring the release and voice of those who have been silenced, abused, mistreated, or emotionally overwhelmed. Stay tuned for more upcoming projects that that will continue to break all brooms and lift all rugs so that issues can no longer be swept under the rug and ignored but felt, acknowledged, released, and healed.
Lilies of the Field Media, LLC is media company